Before the year is done, I’d like to share a couple of festive recipes and some fun coverage of my events in the Spokane area. Most importantly, I’d like to wish you and your’s a very happy holiday and a fantastic new year!
I shared my recipes for Instant Pot Eggnog Rice Pudding and Spiced Chocolate Flan with the Spokesman-Review. You can find the recipes and read an interview with me here. Both of these recipes are holiday variations on recipes in my book, No-Pressure (it makes a great Christmas gift!!).
And here’s some fun coverage of the Top Chef Meets Instant Pot dinner I did with Chef Chad White (a 4-course gourmet dinner made entirely in Instant Pots!) and the class I taught at Second Harvest:
Top Chef Meets the Instant Pot (photo gallery)
Instant Pot Class Boosts Second Harvest Kitchen
Last month I spoke to a fun group at the Arcadia Public Library about the Care and Feeding of Your Instant Pot. We covered buying an Instant Pot (and if you should buy one at all), different models, set-up, tips and tricks, cleaning and maintenance, and more. I also demo’ed a rice pudding recipe which is available below!
Instant Pot Rice Pudding
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 30 minutes, plus cooling
1 cup short-grain white rice, rinsed well and drained
5 cups whole milk
2/3 cup sugar
1 pinch salt
2 large eggs beaten, at room temperature
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Combine the rice, milk, sugar, and salt in your Instant Pot. Whisk together and secure the lid.
- Cook at high pressure for 10 minutes and use a natural release.
- Whisk the cooked rice and milk mixture well. Temper the eggs by slowly adding 1 cup of the hot milky rice to the eggs while whisking constantly. Add that mixture to the Instant Pot slowly, whisking the whole time.
- Turn on the Sauté function. Whisk until the mixture is simmering and starting to thicken up. Turn off the Sauté function.
- Add the vanilla and mix well.
- Allow the rice pudding to cool. It will thicken greatly as it sits. Serve warm or cold.
Flavor ideas (add after cooling)
- Chocolate-covered cherry: mini semi-sweet chocolate chips and chopped fresh cherries or dried cherries
- Mango-lime: Diced ripe mango tossed in the juice and zest of 1-2 fresh limes
- Cinnamon roll: 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- Peach-almond: Fresh diced peaches, slivered almonds on top
Instant Pot has been featuring recipes from my new book, No Pressure, and here they all are in one place! If you like these recipes, consider getting a copy of my new book, which has 100 creative recipes for your Instant Pot.