You guys! Did you know you can make steel-cut oatmeal in your electric pressure cooker in a mug? This means you can 1) make oatmeal for just one or two people, 2) flavor each individually however you like, and 3) it’s so easy and there’s basically no clean-up. Magical.
Just do this:
- Pour 1-2 cups of water into your pressure cooker pot and add the trivet.
- Add 1/4 cup steel-cut oats, 3/4 cup water (or part water and part milk), 1 pinch salt, 1 teaspoon butter or oil, and any flavorings to a mug (you can also add flavorings after you cook it). Stir.
- Set your mug (or mugs—most pressure cookers will hold two) on the trivet. Secure the top and cook at high pressure for about 20 minutes.
- Use a natural release! Trust me.
- Carefully remove the mug(s) and let sit for 5-10 minutes. Stir and add any mix-ins. EAT IT.
Note: Make sure your mug is heat-proof and ceramic. Glass will work too, but it must be tempered.