Here’s a quick, one-dish dinner that’s pretty easy, pretty quick, and pretty healthy. Also, it tastes good. I mean, what else do you want from me?
Vegan Roasted Broccolini, Tomato, and White Bean Spaghetti
1/3 package whole wheat spaghetti
3 tablespoons olive oil, plus more
1/2 small onion, large diced
1 small bunch or package broccolini, cut into 1″ pieces
salt and pepper
3 garlic cloves, peeled, plus 1 clove, minced
1 cup grape tomatoes, cut in half
1 tablespoon flour
1 teaspoon nutritional yeast
1/2 teaspoon dijon mustard
1/3-1/2 cup almond or soy milk
1/2 small lemon, juiced
1/2 cup white beans, rinsed and drained
1. Put a large pot on the boil per the spaghetti’s instructions. Preheat the oven to 425 degrees.
2. Prepare the broccolini and onion. Toss with 1 tablespoon olive oil on a large baking sheet and season with salt and pepper. Toss the 3 garlic cloves in a small amount of olive oil and seal up into a little package in a piece of aluminum foil.
3. Place the foil satchel next to the broccolini on the baking sheet. Bake for 10 minutes.
4. This is a reminder to add the pasta whenever the water starts to boil and set a timer per the package instructions.
5. In a small skillet, heat 1 1/2 tablespoons of olive oil over medium heat. Add the minced garlic and cook for one minute. Add the flour and nutritional yeast, whisk, and cook for two minutes more.
6. Meanwhile, after the broccolini has baked for 10 minutes, add the tomatoes and 1/2 tablespoon more oil and seasoning. Give it all a toss and slide it back in the oven for 10 more minutes.
7. To the skillet, add the mustard and season with salt and pepper. Add the almond or soy milk and whisk until well combined. Cook, whisking occasionally, until the mixture bubbles and thickens. Add more milk if needed. Remove from the heat.
8. Carefully remove the garlic from its foil packet. Use a knife to mash and dice it and add it to the sauce. Add the lemon juice and whisk together.
9. Drain the pasta and add it back to the pot. Add the white beans, sauce and roasted veggies. Toss together and serve.